I know the challenge of finding the right speaker to equip the people you lead! Some speakers possess the requisite academic knowledge but fail to connect with their audiences on a heart-level. Others deliver material that is engages the emotions but lacks the intellectual depth needed to affect lasting personal change.
Fortunately, you don’t have to choose between the two! I have a proven track-record of engaging audiences with material that is both intellectually sound and emotionally transformative, and that is what you can expect from me!
My hope is that by visiting this speaker’s page, you will feel more confident and equipped to make an informed decision about how I can meet the training needs of the people you care for. I’m honoured that you’d consider me!
Here is an overview to give you a sense what you can expect from me and what I can offer. Just follow the links related to the sections most relevant to you.
If you want to check my availability for your event, or if you have some questions before proceeding further, please check my availability here.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Theologically informed and academically sound speaking content that addresses the unique needs of your organization or group.
- Prompt and professional communication via email or phone during your event planning process.
- Promotional ideas for boosting attendance at events.
- Advertising of the event on our social media channels and blog, as requested.
- Marketing advice on how you can offset costs, break even, or even make money by hosting me as a speaker!
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
I have spoken publicly for 10+ years to thousands of people in various academic and ministry environments in Canada and Europe. My experiences as an international speaker, teacher, and coach have taught me one thing: our minds and emotions are integrated, not separate, and therefore personal growth demands that we engage with a broad range of interrelated topics! These topics include the existence and nature of God, other worldviews, emotional health, theological issues, and personal vocation.
My qualifications to speak on these topics include the following:
- Earned a MA in Philosophy from the University of Guelph (’04), and B.A. (double major) in Philosophy & Religious Studies from Trinity Western University (’00).
- Completed a 4-year teaching residency as an Instructor at L’Abri Fellowship in Switzerland, an international study center pioneered by Francis Schaeffer. While at L’Abri, I taught hundreds of adult students from over 20 countries to navigate their deepest questions about God, by facilitating lectures, tutorials, and over 280 group discussions!
- Earned a Post-Graduate certificate as a Career Development Practitioner at Conestoga College (’13).
- Received a 100% recommendation rating from clients at Conestoga College for excellence in facilitating personality type workshops.
- Successfully launched and managed my own Career Consulting business in the city of Guelph for 3+ years (ongoing). Specializing in strengths-based and hope-based interventions throughout the process of career development.
- Conducted 5+ years of study on research-based interventions for issues of shame, fear, anger, forgiveness, and identity. Sources include academic level books, peer reviewed journals, and psycho-educational curriculum.
- Earned Certificate of Completion as a Gottman Seven Principles Program Educator. This certificate qualifies me to teach couples proven, practical, and effective strategies for making marriage work, based on Dr. John Gottman’s four decades of research with more than 3,000 couples.
TARGET AUDIENCES AND FORMATS
I develop partnerships with pastors & churches, youth workers, campus ministers, and business leaders to provide training for the people they lead. Moreover, my speaking events are ideal for organizations and community groups that value interpersonal relationships, thinking about faith, personal growth, or vocational training as part of its vision for success. My speaking material can be easily adapted to multiple formats, such as keynote addresses, conferences seminars, church workshops, campus talks, leadership training series, and youth meetings. The material can be shortened or lengthened to meet the specific needs of your audience.
Return to Top
If you are interested in hosting a speaking event within your organization or community group, please contact me here. I’d be happy to discuss some next steps with you.